Tag archives for National Park of Guayedeque
If you are looking for a vacation by the seashore, the destination meant for you is Gran Canaria. With its beautiful beaches and amazing coastal line, it is the perfect holiday destination for those who love the sea. It enjoys a shield by UNESCO over 1/3rd of its span. It is often referred to as the microform of a continent, thanks to the varying weather across it. Following is the list of the five places you must visit if you are on Gran Canaria:
1. Those who love the seashore would love to feast their eyes in Puerto Mogan, the place known for fishing. It is famous for its inland waterway net which would remind one of Venice. The place is ideal for holidaying with its atmosphere full of music from different places, various food options and a charm of its own. It even has a great market for shopping in your time out. You would find all activities around the seashore that you could ask for.
2. Sandbank that would remind you of the desert – that is the specialty of Maspalomas. The sandbanks stretch over four thousand square kilometers. You could enjoy a camel ride across the sandbanks to your pleasure. It has a lighthouse, which is of historical importance to the place and a sight for soar eyes.
3. Across the eastern zone of Gran Canaria, the National Park of Guayedeque presents an amazing view to welcome the tourists. Spread across the mountains, it has an amazing array of trees and caves to explore. The fascinating part is that these caves have been converted into residential places and religious centers. The entire experience on this place is breathtaking.
4. The center of Animal Encounters provides a unique experience for the tourists. You can first be taught about the species of the sea lions. Afterwards, you are allowed to swim alongside them in the water. You could watch them in their own world busy in their own act. They would play certain stunts with you that would also include sea lions leaping over your entire height. You could opt to assist the trainer in the stunts with the sea lions and share an experience otherwise unheard of. If you prefer the land to the water, you could opt for horse riding for amusement. Alternately, you could even choose the option of a fabulous camel ride and observe other species at the center. Food options would include a barbeque grill among many other tasty options.
5. There are guided tours that occur at the city of Las Palmas. It is an epitome of culture; you could surely look forward to crafts and pieces of art like paintings and old craftwork at the museum. The constructional artistry around is sure to mesmerize all without fail. Learn about the other attractions at this spot for a complete historical experience that you will never forget.
You should never miss out on these top five destinations if you are on Gran Canaria. During my visit, I made sure to visit them all. Though in this article I just gave a brief description of each place, in the upcoming articles, I will write about each place in details.
Author Bio: This article is written by Paul Winchester. He is a writer and a travelr. He is curently living in Denmark, but he has been traveling all over the world the past 8 years. One of his favorite places is Krabi in Thailand.