Tag archives for Charlottenburg Park
If you are planning to tour a top conventional city, try Berlin it never disappoints you. The populous capital city of Germany is a state of the art urban setting. The population of Berlin consists of people from all parts of the world forming a population of over 4 million. In addition, Berlin consists of party loving residents with festivals all year round and lots of scenic places to visit. On your visit to Berlin, you should not miss to catch up with a fun festival or a visit to important site.
The festival calendar of Berlin is full of events, some of these are:
New Year Festivals
– It consists of two events; The New Year Day and the New Year Run.
– In the Eve of New Year, celebrations are held to usher in the New Year, while the New Year run involves a 4 kilometer race to raise money for donations.
Maerz Music Festival
– Held between mid-March and early April, the music festival commemorates ancient art and music performance.
– The peak of the event is concerts held in different locations with the main venues being Konzerthaus and Philharmonie.
Christopher street day
– It is an event carried out every late June in remembrance of the 1969 demonstrations outside Stonewall Bar in New York.
– The fun activity include a 6 kilometer street walk starting from Karl Liebknecht street and ends at Siegessaule.
– The pride show party attracts gays, lesbians as well as straights
Berlin International Berliner (beer) festival
– It is a showcasing beer festival held in August at Strasberg Street.
– Involves display of more than 1000 beer brands from different brewers, the brands are from more than 65 countries.
– It brings together people from different parts of the world living in Berlin.
– Commences in December and consists of different market settings selling Christmas gifts and merchandise.
– The markets are mainly held in weekends and leading market places are; The Memorial Church, RathausSchoneberg and Alexanderplatz.
The leading destinations in Berlin are:
Unter den Linden Street and museum– The pre historic museum exhibits the ancient culture of the German people. The prominent site in the Unter den Linden Street homes the major buildings of Humboldt University, State Opera, Berlin Cathedral and the historical museum.
Brandenburg Gate in PariserPlatz – The land mark monument was constructed in the 1780’s and was one of the major gates to the ancient Berlin city. The PariserPlatz also houses other important buildings like Arts Academy, Adlon hotel and U.S and British Embassies.
Bahnlof Zoo train station – Houses major shopping street Ku’damm, and Prince Elector pre-historic horse riding route to hunt. The district is a leading shopping destination.
Charlottenburg Park and Palace – Houses a ceremonial palace constructed in 1700 by King Friedrich III to his wife. Visitors prefer this site since it’s strategically located next to the Schlossstrasse museum and Spree River.
In deed Berlin is a place to be; for prior arrangement of your trip, call National Express contact number.