Tag archives for London travel - Page 2
Perhaps you, like me, dream of going to England someday. Perhaps you, like me, love beaches. If so, you must visit Cornwall, England’s south-westernmost county. Cornwall offers the sunniest, mildest weather in all of the UK. Home to dramatic sea cliffs and sheer drops, Cornwall borders the Celtic Sea and the English Channel and has over 250 miles of coast. It’s not all rugged cliffs, however. Cornwall boasts over 150 individual beaches, most of them sandy and family-friendly. This list of the top six beaches in Cornwall should help you maximize your time there.
• Two beaches, Perranporth and Penhale, merge during low tide to create a huge blonde sand expanse.
• Enjoy nearby Perranporth, an entertaining beach town.
• Penhale features a Special Area of Conservation, sand dunes which cover the ancient church of the patron saint of Cornwall.
• Visit rock pools, caves, a stream, and Chapel Rock.
• Beloved by surfers and families.
• Overlooked by the South West Coast Path, high above on fascinating English cliffs.
• When joined, one of the largest beaches in Cornwall.
• Soft, sandy beach popular with families.
• Area for advanced swimmers due to steeply shelved beach.
• Area for children in stream also on beach.
• Lifeguards provided May through September.
• Near MinackTheater and Telegraphy Museum.
• Near Land’s End and St. Ive’s.
• Large parking lot with bathrooms.
St. Ive’s Harbour Beach
• Sheltered, sandy beach that doesn’t disappear even in high tide.
• Working harbor provides plenty to see and do.
• Backs to St. Ive’s, full of cafes, shops and eateries.
• Surrounded by scenic views and historic buildings.
• In low tide, joins with nearby beaches.
• Gives access to the famous South West Coast Path.
• Clear blue-green water backed by flower-covered cliffs.
• Golden sand beach near Newquay.
• Huge stretch of beach will allow you to find seclusion, avoid crowds.
• Excellent waves good for surfing, kitesurfing and kite buggying.
• Lifeguards provided May through September.
• Dogs welcomed year-round .
• Internationally recognized surfing center.
• Beautiful golden sand.
• Between Pentire and Towan, towns with lovely Victorian buildings.
• Three beaches in one: South Firstal, the Main Beach, and Little Fistral, only there at low tide.
• Lifeguards provided April through October.
• Dogs welcomed all year.
• Near bathrooms, cafes, surfboard and wetsuit rental shops, surf instructors, and the Surf Centre.
• Turquoise water and white sand.
• Dotted with islands and caves.
• Unique cliffs and rock formations appear at low tide.
• Owned, protected and maintained by the National Trust.
• One of the most beautiful and scenic coves in Cornwall.
• Accessible by the South West Coat Path.
• Near the Lizard National Nature Reserve, the Lizard Lighthouse and Heritage Center, and Mullion Cove.
It’s hard to go wrong when visit Cornwall’s many gorgeous beaches. Before you go, decide what type of experience you’re hoping for, and then search for a beach that can make your dreams a reality. Hopefully these six beaches will be on your list!
Abi writes for The Cornwall Hotel Collection, owners of The Greenbank and Alverton. For a quality restaurant in Truro or wedding venue in Falmouth visit The Cornwall Hotel Collection.
London is the capital of Britain and a very busy city at that. There are many Indian restaurants to choose from, which can lead to a difficult decision when you are looking for a great place to eat. If you are a fan of Indian cuisine, then the recognized restaurants are the best. Eating out is as much about the experience as it is about the food, otherwise you would simply opt for a takeaway, right? So, to avoid disappointment on your night out, here are some of the most renowned Indian restaurants in the capital?
Amaya is a great choice, especially if you are dining with a number of people with different tastes. The menu is diverse in that you can enjoy traditional Indian dishes, kebabs, and the most delicious grilled dishes. This restaurant is unique in that it focuses on the various styles of grilling and has a choice of menu greatly suited to those with a range of tastes. If you are eating with the family or a group of friends, you can guarantee that there will be something to suit everyone’s tastes. Apart from being a great Indian restaurant Amaya has also held a Michelin star since 2006. So, you can enjoy exceptional dishes, a great experience, plenty of options, and beautiful decor. It is popular amongst many people from those that love Indian cuisine to even those that aren’t so keen, simply because of the menu with a twist.
Chutney Mary is a sister restaurant to Amaya and is equally renowned with a different experience on offer. This is one of the best Indian restaurants London offering a great environment and experience whilst you enjoy a meal out. The atmosphere is friendly and relaxing so you can enjoy your food to the maximum. The dishes on offer are diverse in a different sense to Amaya. You can enjoy the traditional authentic dishes from the Indian cuisine. This gives you a great variety of real Indian cuisine to choose from. The restaurant is so specific in the standard served that each dish served is only prepared by a chef from that specific region that the dish originates from to give you no less than a truly authentic dish. If you want to make the most out of your experience and enjoy Indian cuisine with a twist, then Amaya is a great option being a bar and grill. If you want traditional dishes and a true taste of Indian, Chutney Mary is a great option for you. London is the home to hundreds of Indian restaurants, so choose the restaurant that suits your preferences and the preferences of those you are dining with. You can be picky and find somewhere close to home offering delicious food and amazing atmosphere, so make sure you find the best so you know where to go and where to recommend in future.
You can enjoy some of the most renowned Indian restaurants London when you know where to go. Each and every one can offer you a different experience, so find the experience that you and your fellow diners are looking for.
Every Moment to Remember
Vacations in Ireland serve you with a dual prospectively adventurous experience. You get to know the rich heritage and culture of the land and its people, enjoy the emerald green and beautiful sceneries of a mythical island and above all get the Titanic experience of a lifetime. The ship that affected the life on Ireland so much as to change Ireland into Titanic Northern Ireland tours.
Ireland is connected to the world with ever increasing airlines coming into land the enthusiastic visitors who want to experience the Titanic and see the land, its beauty and to smell the crisp air and openness. In fact the people of Ireland love those who share their views and ideas in friendship so as to experience and share their land with them to enjoy every moment in time. For a visitor, touring the land is ever easy, as you take on a guided tour or adventure out to a self drive tour. There are all the opportunities to be explored according to the time and need to get into the details to see a beautiful country.
Anti Clock Wise Tour
To view one of the Ireland most beautiful counties, a visit to Kerry in its mystical grandeur will be ever remembered. The country side is abundant in natures carved out cliffs and the coastline speak of the natural harbor where one time sails fill the air in hot pursuit of the pirates on the high seas. The country open to beautiful cottages and sheep grazing on the undulated meadows speak of the typical characteristics of the land. A common site of locals joyous to the local traditional music and drums to lift your feelings. The Ring of Kerry is the tourist trail of the south west which a circular 179 km route is, touching various tourist attractions on the way which includes the Killarney National Park. One can also follow a bike trail for a breather. The landscape is unique and every stop invites a few memorable clicks from the camera.
Completing the Ring
Killarney Ross castle and Abbey for a visit can also trail you on horseback to lake of Killarney and the gardens. Completing your circular drive you will ever remember the sites while facing the open vastness of the Atlantic Ocean that a mere hundred years in the past, the Titanic facts to sail the waters in front of you to a maiden voyage, which had prompted you to visit such a beautiful land of rich heritage and culture. The arrival back to Killarney for a choose from quite a number of restaurants and pubs to welcome you and a deep undisturbed sleep.
Visit London this holiday as it is a great avenue for adventure and fun. You can witness the amazing entertainment and historic places. There are lot of people who are confused about what to see and the places to visit and the most important is how to make their holidays enjoyable. Every year many visit London and nearby places but the fact is that they don’t know where to visit and what to do, but if you visit London you can observe the reality and special gestures by the people and the tourism department.
There are lot of entertainment shows and musical nights round the year in London. If you trip to London then you should plan for a fun filled adventure visit to many sightseeing places and attractions. If you want to add some spice to your trip then there are some entertaining events which you will really enjoy.
1. Musicals: The musicals are the finest group of entertainment in London. They are not only the musicians but also the entertainers which make the perfect theatre plays. They are entertaining the whole world for the past several years. If you want to witness these people then go for the tickets at the box office as early as possible. It will be a great entertainment if you visit the Musicals.
2 .Museums: As you know that London is full of entertainment and if you need more entertainment and joy then you can visit the museums. Some of the attractive museums are Hunterian Museum, Victoria and Albert Museum, Science Museum and many more. There you can witness the real side of London. If you are visiting the museum then don’t forget to carry your cameras with you. Get to know the history from the roots.
3. Madame Tussauds: Madame Tussauds is a one of a kind wax museum in the whole world. It is the pride and the major fascination of London. It was established by Marie Tussaud a wax sculptor. It displays all the wax status of the legends, the historic royal populaces, celebrities, sports legends and infamous murderers. It is great place for entertainment and is a worth seeing place.
4. Royal Opera House: The Royal Opera House is the complete venue for the art and operas. It is located in Convent Garden, Central London. This house is a home for the Royal Ballet for the Royal kings and Queens. Go and grab the seats for the best opera in the world where you can witness the outstanding performances with the various entertainment legends.
5. Nightclubs: If you visit London you cannot forget the night life. You find yourself relishing and entertaining at the nightclubs. The atmosphere is awesome and simply outstanding. If you want full entertainment and music then you must visit the Club Aquarium. It has best system ever with the room’s facility comprising pools and Jacuzzi.Experience a whole new side of London and make it a point to visit and see the above mentioned places.
This guest was written by Maria Benson, who loves to write articles on various topics like finance, health, technology. Previously she has done research on ppi claims currently she focusing on travel related articles.