Archives for Travel - Page 13
A holiday is great, right? Holidays helps you to escape from the monotony of life. Holidays are refreshing and hence greatly wanted by individuals.However, not every one is willing to blow up a huge sum of money on a holiday and that is why many individuals constantly search for holiday packages that will comfortably suit their pockets.
Despite wanting to keep their budgets low, individuals cannot say yes to just about any place when they are travelling with children. A good way to drastically cut down on holiday expenses is to rent cottages or homes while travelling. This allows individuals to curb down on laundry costs, prepare their own meals at affordable costs and enjoy a lot of space as well.
When individuals can cook their own meals it significantly lowers their budget as well as gives individuals the opportunity to prepare meals whenever they find it convenient. No longer are they forced to adhere to breakfast-lunch-dinner hours and hence they do not have to feel like they are living a monotonous life.
This allows individuals to enjoy a complete sense of freedom which is the entire purpose of the holiday. Booking these for rent homes or cottages much in advance is even better as it then allows them to enjoy even lower rates. Living in this set up allows individuals to enjoy a home away from home experience but it still helps to infuse a sense of newness at the same time.
This method of reducing budgets is being actively used by a number of individuals as it has been found to be rewarding and highly economical. However once, individuals have booked their tickets as well as a rented cottage for their holiday, can they leave their homes behind unprotected? Can they guarantee that their unprotected homes will not be broken into by criminals?
If the answer to these two questions is Yes, should they sacrifice their holiday or is there something they can do to protect their homes? Well the answer to these questions is –Yes, they can definitely have an effective home security system installed at home and then go off on holiday.
There are a number of home security companies available in the market and an effective security system for a home will keep it safe from both internal as well as external dangers. This means that the home is safe from –
- Intrusions by burglars and criminals who love to target unprotected homes when individuals are away and steal precious belongings as well as
- Damage due to fire or water which can cause extensive damage to property and is difficult to detect in the beginning.
Effective home security systems however help to build a home into a fortress and they consist of _
- Security surveillance cameras that constantly monitor the scene and cause burglars to stay away when they spot them
- Motion sensor that are placed throughout the home and are easily triggered by intruders as well as detect the outbreak of fire or smoke and a change in water level as well.
- An ear piercing alarm that is let out to inform the neighbors about an intrusion as well as to scare the intruder away
- And a distress signal that is sent to the monitoring center which immediately alerts police officers if an intruder is detected or the fire services if fire or smoke emissions are detected. In this way immediate help arrives at the home and prevents the situation from getting out of hand.
Effective home security systems function on a 24/7 basis to ensure that even while individuals are away the home is under observation and is being protected.Thus, individuals can go and enjoy their budgeted holidays knowing that their homes are being constantly protected.
Author’s Bio: Alicia Handler is a consultant for a globally renowned adt home security systems provider. She possesses valuable knowledge about how home security can be ensured and would love to share this knowledge with her readers.
Many countries in Europe have grown their tourism industry a lot over the last few decades, so it should not be a surprise to see that the old continent tries and manages to attract millions of tourists every year. Nevertheless, among the multitude of resorts, be them at the sea, ocean or in the mountains, there are a few countries where the tourism has flourished indeed.
1. Spain is one of the countries that could teach anyone a few tourism lessons. Several islands, especially the Balearic Islands which belong to Spain, happen to be the preferred destination for the summer vacationers. The islands of Mallorca, Ibiza, Menorca, the Canary Islands (Tenerife, La Palma, La Gomera) are just some of the places that have gained a worldwide fame during the last years.
Not just the islands are important touristic attractions, though; the Northern part of Spain is also a adored tourist place. By going there you will experience a unique combination of sandy, less populated beaches and green, fresh hills or even high mountains. Also, this is the place where you are going to be charmed by the old medieval settlements.
2. France: Everyone agrees that France needs no promoting when it comes to its tourist attractions. The South of France has been a preferred destination for people looking for sunny warm days among lavender plantations, vineyards and old white stone houses, where the peasants leave a peaceful and abundant life. It is one of the few places where you will have the chance to leap back in time, in ages where every moment of the day had its own pace and nothing was performed in a hurry.
Not only the South of France is visited by the tourists, of course, as the entire country offers a multitude of locations that are perfect for a holiday, be it alone, with your partner or with the kids you might have. France is also the place where you can learn a lot about the past centuries by visiting the numerous castles along the Loire. In fact, some of these castles can even be rented for an entire summer. This means that one or more families that are friends and know each other well can rent an entire castle, or maybe a few rooms, and thus enjoy a royal summer vacation.
Disneyland Paris is another preferred holiday destination for families with younger kids. While being there, you could choose to get a room in one of the affiliated hotels, or simply stay at another hotel and come to the Park in the morning.
France is also a country with a worldwide known cuisine, so visiting France will also mean tasting the traditional, specific French dishes, which are prepared by French cooks whose talent doesn’t need any presentation.
3. Greece has concentrated all its efforts on developing tourism during the last few years, and the multitude of tourists that come to visit it on a yearly basis demonstrates that it has done a great thing in this industry. The mainland resorts, as well as the numerous islands represent an affordable and exotic way of spending a great summer vacation.
Greece will charm you with its five stars hotels for sure, but also with its taverns, white villas and the wonderful and colorful gardens around them. It is the perfect place for a family or couple vacation, as there are various entertainment options, which are destined to suit the preferences of all people, no matter their age, or occupation.
As Greece’s economy has been struggling lately, since the tourism continues to be a great income source, it would not be surprising at all to see that the prices will be cut down a lot, in an attempt to attract even more tourists that are willing to spend their money.
Irina Chirilov, the author of this article, is a guest blogger for Thrifty Rent a Car Bucuresti Romania, a car rental agency in Eastern Europe.