Archives for Travel - Page 12
Beauty in the ruins, tombs, temples, forts and palaces is what Orchha is all about. Situated in the Bundelkhand region, this pretty locale is bestowed with natural beauty and splendor. It presents a matchless spectacle to the tourists and serves as a delight for the photographers. The beautiful place in the state of Madhya Pradesh tempts the travelers of different parts of the globe. Visitors will find most of the monuments and temples spread around the Betwa River and the reflection of the cenotaphs or the chattris of the Bundelkhand Kings on the sparkling water when the rays of sun falls on it are picture perfect on the lenses of the camera.
The historical monuments of Orchha still hold the charm and narrate stories of the war, peace, love and destruction. This effervescent city with the glorious past is renowned for the world class murals. The marvelous palaces and beautiful temples display outstanding frescos; it makes the viewers spellbound how precisely the paintings are done on the walls. The elegant architecture and the unique sequential development of the arches, domes, pillars and ledges of the various monuments in Orchha attract attention of the eye-balls of the viewers.
Inside the fort complex of Orchha, Raj Mahal is one of the oldest historical monuments is famous for the cenotaphs. The interiors of the palace are decorated beautifully with various types of murals. Jahangir Mahal is a reminder of the friendship between the Mughals and the Bundelas which lasted for long time. The visitors can have panoramic views of the surrounding area from the various balconies of the palace. Even the ruins of palace like Rai Praveen Mahal attract interest of the tourist. Though a small one, it is believed that the height of the palace was built to match the height of the trees of the surrounding gardens.
On a distant horizon of the Orchha Fort lies the Laxmi Narayan Temple which is hardly visible in the mist. It depicts a curious mix of fort and temple architecture with the grand display of murals which bring to live variety of religious and secular themes. Sprawls around the temple, there are many little shrines and memorials each with its poignant historical importance contributing to the beauty of Orchha. Nevertheless, Orchha is all about history and legends but it has natural splendor of a wonderful valley where the crystal-clear waters of the Betwa flow quietly along the banks for which solitude is a way of life. These Orchha tourist attractions allure the tourists to this small but enchanting place and hold an important place in the tourism map of India. This place is located on a close proximity to another famous tourist destination, Khajuraho. A Madhya Pradesh tour will give the visitors two wonderful treats in the fascinating place of Khajuraho and Orchha.
Small group tour allows the travelers to enjoy more as they get more time to explore the places with their friends and families. Exploring the places with the near and dear ones in the wonderful locations of Madhya Pradesh is perfect treat.
Visit London this holiday as it is a great avenue for adventure and fun. You can witness the amazing entertainment and historic places. There are lot of people who are confused about what to see and the places to visit and the most important is how to make their holidays enjoyable. Every year many visit London and nearby places but the fact is that they don’t know where to visit and what to do, but if you visit London you can observe the reality and special gestures by the people and the tourism department.
There are lot of entertainment shows and musical nights round the year in London. If you trip to London then you should plan for a fun filled adventure visit to many sightseeing places and attractions. If you want to add some spice to your trip then there are some entertaining events which you will really enjoy.
1. Musicals: The musicals are the finest group of entertainment in London. They are not only the musicians but also the entertainers which make the perfect theatre plays. They are entertaining the whole world for the past several years. If you want to witness these people then go for the tickets at the box office as early as possible. It will be a great entertainment if you visit the Musicals.
2 .Museums: As you know that London is full of entertainment and if you need more entertainment and joy then you can visit the museums. Some of the attractive museums are Hunterian Museum, Victoria and Albert Museum, Science Museum and many more. There you can witness the real side of London. If you are visiting the museum then don’t forget to carry your cameras with you. Get to know the history from the roots.
3. Madame Tussauds: Madame Tussauds is a one of a kind wax museum in the whole world. It is the pride and the major fascination of London. It was established by Marie Tussaud a wax sculptor. It displays all the wax status of the legends, the historic royal populaces, celebrities, sports legends and infamous murderers. It is great place for entertainment and is a worth seeing place.
4. Royal Opera House: The Royal Opera House is the complete venue for the art and operas. It is located in Convent Garden, Central London. This house is a home for the Royal Ballet for the Royal kings and Queens. Go and grab the seats for the best opera in the world where you can witness the outstanding performances with the various entertainment legends.
5. Nightclubs: If you visit London you cannot forget the night life. You find yourself relishing and entertaining at the nightclubs. The atmosphere is awesome and simply outstanding. If you want full entertainment and music then you must visit the Club Aquarium. It has best system ever with the room’s facility comprising pools and Jacuzzi.Experience a whole new side of London and make it a point to visit and see the above mentioned places.
This guest was written by Maria Benson, who loves to write articles on various topics like finance, health, technology. Previously she has done research on ppi claims currently she focusing on travel related articles.
A holiday is great, right? Holidays helps you to escape from the monotony of life. Holidays are refreshing and hence greatly wanted by individuals.However, not every one is willing to blow up a huge sum of money on a holiday and that is why many individuals constantly search for holiday packages that will comfortably suit their pockets.
Despite wanting to keep their budgets low, individuals cannot say yes to just about any place when they are travelling with children. A good way to drastically cut down on holiday expenses is to rent cottages or homes while travelling. This allows individuals to curb down on laundry costs, prepare their own meals at affordable costs and enjoy a lot of space as well.
When individuals can cook their own meals it significantly lowers their budget as well as gives individuals the opportunity to prepare meals whenever they find it convenient. No longer are they forced to adhere to breakfast-lunch-dinner hours and hence they do not have to feel like they are living a monotonous life.
This allows individuals to enjoy a complete sense of freedom which is the entire purpose of the holiday. Booking these for rent homes or cottages much in advance is even better as it then allows them to enjoy even lower rates. Living in this set up allows individuals to enjoy a home away from home experience but it still helps to infuse a sense of newness at the same time.
This method of reducing budgets is being actively used by a number of individuals as it has been found to be rewarding and highly economical. However once, individuals have booked their tickets as well as a rented cottage for their holiday, can they leave their homes behind unprotected? Can they guarantee that their unprotected homes will not be broken into by criminals?
If the answer to these two questions is Yes, should they sacrifice their holiday or is there something they can do to protect their homes? Well the answer to these questions is –Yes, they can definitely have an effective home security system installed at home and then go off on holiday.
There are a number of home security companies available in the market and an effective security system for a home will keep it safe from both internal as well as external dangers. This means that the home is safe from –
- Intrusions by burglars and criminals who love to target unprotected homes when individuals are away and steal precious belongings as well as
- Damage due to fire or water which can cause extensive damage to property and is difficult to detect in the beginning.
Effective home security systems however help to build a home into a fortress and they consist of _
- Security surveillance cameras that constantly monitor the scene and cause burglars to stay away when they spot them
- Motion sensor that are placed throughout the home and are easily triggered by intruders as well as detect the outbreak of fire or smoke and a change in water level as well.
- An ear piercing alarm that is let out to inform the neighbors about an intrusion as well as to scare the intruder away
- And a distress signal that is sent to the monitoring center which immediately alerts police officers if an intruder is detected or the fire services if fire or smoke emissions are detected. In this way immediate help arrives at the home and prevents the situation from getting out of hand.
Effective home security systems function on a 24/7 basis to ensure that even while individuals are away the home is under observation and is being protected.Thus, individuals can go and enjoy their budgeted holidays knowing that their homes are being constantly protected.
Author’s Bio: Alicia Handler is a consultant for a globally renowned adt home security systems provider. She possesses valuable knowledge about how home security can be ensured and would love to share this knowledge with her readers.
Many countries in Europe have grown their tourism industry a lot over the last few decades, so it should not be a surprise to see that the old continent tries and manages to attract millions of tourists every year. Nevertheless, among the multitude of resorts, be them at the sea, ocean or in the mountains, there are a few countries where the tourism has flourished indeed.
1. Spain is one of the countries that could teach anyone a few tourism lessons. Several islands, especially the Balearic Islands which belong to Spain, happen to be the preferred destination for the summer vacationers. The islands of Mallorca, Ibiza, Menorca, the Canary Islands (Tenerife, La Palma, La Gomera) are just some of the places that have gained a worldwide fame during the last years.
Not just the islands are important touristic attractions, though; the Northern part of Spain is also a adored tourist place. By going there you will experience a unique combination of sandy, less populated beaches and green, fresh hills or even high mountains. Also, this is the place where you are going to be charmed by the old medieval settlements.
2. France: Everyone agrees that France needs no promoting when it comes to its tourist attractions. The South of France has been a preferred destination for people looking for sunny warm days among lavender plantations, vineyards and old white stone houses, where the peasants leave a peaceful and abundant life. It is one of the few places where you will have the chance to leap back in time, in ages where every moment of the day had its own pace and nothing was performed in a hurry.
Not only the South of France is visited by the tourists, of course, as the entire country offers a multitude of locations that are perfect for a holiday, be it alone, with your partner or with the kids you might have. France is also the place where you can learn a lot about the past centuries by visiting the numerous castles along the Loire. In fact, some of these castles can even be rented for an entire summer. This means that one or more families that are friends and know each other well can rent an entire castle, or maybe a few rooms, and thus enjoy a royal summer vacation.
Disneyland Paris is another preferred holiday destination for families with younger kids. While being there, you could choose to get a room in one of the affiliated hotels, or simply stay at another hotel and come to the Park in the morning.
France is also a country with a worldwide known cuisine, so visiting France will also mean tasting the traditional, specific French dishes, which are prepared by French cooks whose talent doesn’t need any presentation.
3. Greece has concentrated all its efforts on developing tourism during the last few years, and the multitude of tourists that come to visit it on a yearly basis demonstrates that it has done a great thing in this industry. The mainland resorts, as well as the numerous islands represent an affordable and exotic way of spending a great summer vacation.
Greece will charm you with its five stars hotels for sure, but also with its taverns, white villas and the wonderful and colorful gardens around them. It is the perfect place for a family or couple vacation, as there are various entertainment options, which are destined to suit the preferences of all people, no matter their age, or occupation.
As Greece’s economy has been struggling lately, since the tourism continues to be a great income source, it would not be surprising at all to see that the prices will be cut down a lot, in an attempt to attract even more tourists that are willing to spend their money.
Irina Chirilov, the author of this article, is a guest blogger for Thrifty Rent a Car Bucuresti Romania, a car rental agency in Eastern Europe.