Archives for Travel Tips - Page 10
Montego Bay is a tourist mecca that is located on the north coast of Jamaica. It is also the island’s second largest city and is commonly referred to as the tourist capital. The city is also home to Sangster’s International Airport, the major hub of tourist arrivals. Montego Bay is also known as the friendly city, as the residents are warm and welcoming. There are a host of tourist attractions in Montego Bay and there is never a dull moment regardless of the time of day.
The Hip Strip is one of the most popular places in Montego Bay and is a magnet for tourists. This is a street about a mile long that is populated with souvenir shops, restaurants, bars and nightclubs. Many of the great hang-out spots are located on this strip.
Acropolis a mega entertainment Centre located on the hip strip. The entertainment center features a casino, gaming lounge, restaurant and two bars. Acropolis also hosts lively entertainment in the form of cabaret, latin, jazz, and reggae music. They also have theme nights including, Karaoke nights, Jam-Asian Nights, Seafood Night and Native Night.
Also located on the hip strip, this is an Irish Pub that does everything Irish but with a twist. The female staff at this pub wear Kilts instead of the males. The Twisted Kilt offers great pub-style food and exceptional service to their patrons. There are many big- screen TVs available at this pub and it is often flocked by sports lovers.
Jimmy’s Buffets Margaritaville
If you want a total entertainment package, this is the place to hang out. Jimmy’s Buffets Margaritaville features a restaurant, bar, water sports events and lively entertainment. The entertainment complex host theme nights throughout the week such as, All White Party Night, All You Can Drink Night, TGI Fridays and Therapy Sundays.
Doctor’s Cave Bathing Club
Doctor’s Bathing Club is formerly known as the Doctors Cave Beach. It is located in the centre of the hip strip and is one of the most popular beaches on the island. British Osteopath, Sir Herbert Barker visited the beach in the 1920’s and published an article declaring that the beach has curative powers, as he was healed after bathing there. This beach is a popular spot for tourists and is renowned for its pristine sand and crystal clear waters. A photo of this beach is located on the back of the Jamaican $50 note.
Jamaica Bob Sled Cafe
The Jamaican Bob Sled Cafe is a restaurant and bar named after the Jamaican Bobsled team that went to the Winter Olympics in 1988. It is located on the hip strip directly across from the Doctor’s Bathing Club. The cafe has a rich ambiance and is a popular hang-out for locals and tourists alike.
You need a passport to travel to Jamaica. If your British passport has expired or you do not own one, you should make an application to the UK Passport Service before making any travel plans. It usually takes 3 weeks to get your passport. So make an application well ahead of the time you plan to travel.
There are numerous incidents that are a common occurrence within the hotel industry today. Because of this hotel insurance was created in order to cover the losses that might be brought about by such disasters. It is recommended that when you are looking for hotel insurance you should choose a policy that will cover all possible damages which may happen during your stay. This article will cover what is exactly covered in a hotel insurance policy and what is excluded.
The hotel industry just like any other business out there also faces risks in terms of property damage. These damages are in most cases caused by natural disasters such as earth quakes, forest fires, floods, tsunamis and so on. There are also other factors such as theft and fire that come into play due to human activities. The damages that are brought by these calamities are usually very expensive to repair and will in most cases bring a financial imbalance to you by creating a huge burden. A hotel insurance policy ensures that this burden is lifted from both the hotel owner and the person staying at the hotel. The insurance avails the needed expenses as well as financial support in the unlikely event that property gets damaged.
The insurance also covers the liability claims of customers. This basically covers any legal claims or any compensation they might seek in case anything goes wrong during their stay. Accidents that occur due to slippery floors or mistakes made by the employees will obviously make the hotel owner liable to compensate the occupant. In some cases the accident might be very serious and this will even attract a higher compensation. Because of this even hotel owners are starting to make use of insurance policies. The policy saves the owners from unnecessary expenses and at the same time ensures that your stay at the hotel doesn’t come to a sudden stop due to misunderstandings you might have with the owner.
The employees at the hotel can also make liability claims should they get hurt during their work at the hotel. As a rule of law any injury or even death which occurs at the place of work makes the management responsible in compensating the affected. Whether the accident happens in the hotel room or in the premises this rule still applies. However, hotels that have a comprehensive insurance policy don’t have to worry about this. The policy will cover all the liability claims made by the employees.
To ensure that your stay at the hotel is never interrupted the hotel owners have a business interruption insurance policy. This is meant to guarantee that your stay at the hotel will be smooth and without any unnecessary disturbances. This policy will make sure that the hotel continues to run regardless of any incidents.
The best way to seek a hotel insurance policy is by approaching insurance brokers as they can customize the policy to meet specific needs of their customers. The broker will measure all the risks that are involved accurately and then suggest the most ideal policy for you. The broker will also take care of all the legal proceedings and claims in case there is any need which will relieve both you and the owner from the extra work. The policy will also cover damages to hotel stock, the loss of income and licenses. There are also other instances where the insurance will not cover you for instance when your items are stolen if you left the hotel room door open for example. However, the exclusions are always different depending on the hotel and it would be best to go through your hotel insurance policy before seeking compensation.
Vembanad Lake, situated in Kumarakom, is one of the most recommended places to visit in Kerala for nature-lovers. It is a scenic lake and is the longest lake in the country. It also enjoys the tag of being Kerala’s largest lake. Its geography aside, it is also a stunning piece of natural treasures and is swarmed by flora and fauna of a fascinating variety. Tourists and holiday lovers make it a point to visit this lake and spend some quiet hours on its shores. Thanks to the development of tourism in this part of the state, there are modern sporting and recreation facilities which have mushroomed on this site.
Some of the popular activities which you can enjoy at Vembanad Lake are enlisted below:
- Boating: It would be a grave sin if you do not explore these shimmering and rippling waters on a houseboat. Boating is the favorite and must-do pastime of every visitor. The length and breadth of this huge lake surely needs to be observed from close quarters. And it would be a real delight to find yourself in the midst of its gorgeous emerald waters.
- Fishing: Fishing and angling are also becoming very popular on the shores of this lake. As stated earlier, these waters are swirling with life. Different species and schools of fishes roam the underbelly of the lake. Fishing can be exciting and is often a fun thing for children.
- Watching the Snake Boat Race: If you happen to visit this lake during the Onam season, then you can view the Snake Boat Race. It is an annual event which is held every year during the Onam festival. It is a beautiful sight to ogle at the serpentine boats racing past each other at top speed on these frothy waters.
- Bird-watching: Vembanad Lake is one of the best places to visit in Kerala for bird watching. There are trees and plantations which are spread on the shores of the lake. They have very healthy number of birds and many of them are migratory in nature as well. No matter, at what time of the year you visit this place, you will always be greeted by the mellifluous sounds and the soothing images of these singing birds.
- Photography: If photography is what keeps you going, then you should not miss out on this lake. Its endless stretch of water and a heart-rending ambience make it a lovely subject for photography. So, just train your lens and take some of the best snapshots of nature.
Vembanad Lake lies in Kumarakom and can be reached by air, rail and road. The Kochi International Airport is the nearest airport. From there, you can take a cab or car to come over to this site. The nearest railway station is Kottayam which is not very far away. One can also travel by road as there are multiple routes leading to this lake from different parts of the state.
Overall, a trip to Vembanad Lake would be memorable and enchanting.
If you are looking for a vacation by the seashore, the destination meant for you is Gran Canaria. With its beautiful beaches and amazing coastal line, it is the perfect holiday destination for those who love the sea. It enjoys a shield by UNESCO over 1/3rd of its span. It is often referred to as the microform of a continent, thanks to the varying weather across it. Following is the list of the five places you must visit if you are on Gran Canaria:
1. Those who love the seashore would love to feast their eyes in Puerto Mogan, the place known for fishing. It is famous for its inland waterway net which would remind one of Venice. The place is ideal for holidaying with its atmosphere full of music from different places, various food options and a charm of its own. It even has a great market for shopping in your time out. You would find all activities around the seashore that you could ask for.
2. Sandbank that would remind you of the desert – that is the specialty of Maspalomas. The sandbanks stretch over four thousand square kilometers. You could enjoy a camel ride across the sandbanks to your pleasure. It has a lighthouse, which is of historical importance to the place and a sight for soar eyes.
3. Across the eastern zone of Gran Canaria, the National Park of Guayedeque presents an amazing view to welcome the tourists. Spread across the mountains, it has an amazing array of trees and caves to explore. The fascinating part is that these caves have been converted into residential places and religious centers. The entire experience on this place is breathtaking.
4. The center of Animal Encounters provides a unique experience for the tourists. You can first be taught about the species of the sea lions. Afterwards, you are allowed to swim alongside them in the water. You could watch them in their own world busy in their own act. They would play certain stunts with you that would also include sea lions leaping over your entire height. You could opt to assist the trainer in the stunts with the sea lions and share an experience otherwise unheard of. If you prefer the land to the water, you could opt for horse riding for amusement. Alternately, you could even choose the option of a fabulous camel ride and observe other species at the center. Food options would include a barbeque grill among many other tasty options.
5. There are guided tours that occur at the city of Las Palmas. It is an epitome of culture; you could surely look forward to crafts and pieces of art like paintings and old craftwork at the museum. The constructional artistry around is sure to mesmerize all without fail. Learn about the other attractions at this spot for a complete historical experience that you will never forget.
You should never miss out on these top five destinations if you are on Gran Canaria. During my visit, I made sure to visit them all. Though in this article I just gave a brief description of each place, in the upcoming articles, I will write about each place in details.
Author Bio: This article is written by Paul Winchester. He is a writer and a travelr. He is curently living in Denmark, but he has been traveling all over the world the past 8 years. One of his favorite places is Krabi in Thailand.
Hong Kong is an amazing place to visit and an even better place to live. I would recommend visiting the city for a long weekend. But with a long weekend you will be able to go to all the site Hong Kong has to offer.If you want to spend even longer then there is few thing in here that will interest you to see as well. Take out Annul Travel Insurance before heading off and exploring the great city of Hong Kong
- I recommend finding a hotel on the Island, but if you are looking for a slightly cheaper hotel then look on the Kowloon side of HK. The price of a room in a hotel is pretty expensive, compared to the rest of the world.
- Be prepared for hard beds in the hotels, it is just how beds are in Hong Kong. There meant to be good for your back.
- Take the train up to the top of the peak or take the bus (a little scary, but great views). The train and buses can be found in the central district. The view from the peak is stunning if you are lucky with the pollution level. You can get a great view of most of the island from the peak. It is practically spectacular if you are up at the Peak during sunset, when the skyscrapers turn the lights on.
- Mongkok Night Market. Mongkok is on the Kowloon side of HK, there is actually 2 markets in Mongkok that are both good, and are close to different MTR line exits. If you love shopping then this is the place for you to visit, You can find lots of cheap clothes and electronics in the market, you have to remember to haggle a little bit to lower the price.
- Kowloon Bay, It is worth going over to the Kowloon side of the bay and looking at the HK Island, they do a light show every night at around 7-8 pm and it is an awesome sight to see. At the same time you can take a look at the bronze statue of Bruce Lee.
- Beaches; there is plenty of beaches in HK, some are on the Island and the others are on the Kowloon side and are outside of the city. The beaches closest to the city, are very nice. The Beaches are around Stanley region of the island and are lovely and easy to get to by bus. A little bit more difficult to get to are the beaches and islands around Tia Po.What you are probably thinking at the moment is, isn’t the water really dirty and polluted, and the answer is yes. But it’s not as bad as you imagine and if you are over there in the summer months then you will be happy to get into the water. The water is very salty and warm so it is easy to float. When I lived there I went into the water dozens of times and I didn’t get any negative effects.
- The Tian Tan Buddha or the big Buddha is located on the Lantau Island, what is also where the airport is. The Buddha is made from brass and it was made in 1993. It is one of HK must attractions and is very much worth a visit.
- Hiking; you may be surprised to hear. There is actually a lot of hiking to be done in HK, once you get out of the city hub. The rest of HK is perfect for a hike up the hills. You can reach most destinations by bus and a beach is at the end of the walk.
- Macao: Technically Macao is not in Hong Kong, but it is about a 1 hour ferry ride away. It is known at the Las Vegas of Asia, with a lot of the casinos in Las Vegas, having a similar if not identical casino on the island. Macao used to be a Portuguese Colony, and you can see the differences that the Portuguese have made to the Island compared to the English in Hong Kong. If you take a walk through the town and up to the ruins of the church, then you will see some beautiful courtyards that you would expect to see in Portugal or Spain.
- The last activity is my favourite in HK, It is going on a junk boat. It entails hiring out a boat, normally with about 30 people on-board with you. They come with staff and driver. Often the people are friend-of-friends, basically if you have been invited by someone, then you can invite people to come as well. Often you only know about 5-10 people on board. The boat then heads out off the harbour and around the coast to a secluded part of HK and drops anchor. Often you take a small speed boat as well and once anchored everyone goes banana boating, wakeboarding and other activities, or they just jump into the water. Food and drink is provided on the boat and everyone has a blast. It is a great day out.
- In Hong Kong there is lots of great restaurants from across the world, the majority are Chinese or Asian. The best thing to do when looking for a restaurant is, do what the locals do. Use the website OpenRice to look for restaurants that are in HK. The best thing about the website is that you can sort the restaurants out by price, area, and type of restaurant. So explore the site and find some restaurants that you want to eat at.
- Another helpful bit of advice for ordering in restaurant most of them will have a picture menu. But you can also just point to what other people are ordering, it isn’t rude to order your food like that.
About Author: Oliver Smith has spent an extensive amount of time living in Hong Kong. He is a travel writer working with CoverMore. He is currently living in Beijing. Take out Quality Travel Insurance before discovering the wonders of HongKong.
The views, opinions and positions expressed by the author and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of Cover-More Insurance.
On the shores of the Baltic Sea between Finland and Poland, there are three Baltic republics known as Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia that have strong European ties. However, ethnically, linguistically and culturally, they are very distinguishable from the German and Scandinavian Slavic surrounding. They were latecomers in European history, as they actually came with the Hanseatic League that existed during the early thirteenth century.
What three countries could you visit?
Latvia is in between the other two Baltic States and is stretched from east to west. But this disadvantage is offset by the central position of Riga, which is envied by the other Baltic capitals. Latvia did not exist before 1919, because it comes from the collection of provinces between Estonia and Lithuania. Riga, with its 950,000 inhabitants appears to be its true capital.
Lithuania is the southernmost country that shares a part of its southern border with Poland. It is the most populous and largest of the Baltic States, it extends over 65,300 km2 and has a little less than four million inhabitants. It is more rural and has seafront than the other two Baltic States.
Estonia is further north and is the smallest of the three Baltic states with 45,000 km2 and a half million inhabitants. It is the most economically successful, probably because it is the least agricultural out of the three.
Are the Baltic countries all one state?
They have economic and political agreements between them, but they are three independent republics. They are three countries, three cultural identities, three currencies and the border control is fairly tight between the three.
What do they have in common?
All three are united numerous ways. First, ecologically, the three countries are similar. They have green landscapes that are dotted with lakes and ponds. They are hilly with flat turns, they are often foggy, or very sunny when the spring sun outweighs the fogs of winter.
Culturally, the Baltic republics have common membership in Western Christianity, Protestant or Catholic. However, although the nature of pagan ritual still persist, as does the use of the Latin script.
They all have a mix of cultures in them, with many of them being predominantly Slavic. German in a common language, and Russian is the most studied second language. This means that if you venture far from any tourist spots then you are going to have trouble understanding the local populace unless you have a grasp of the local language.
Are there places to stay in the Baltic States?
The Baltic capitals, Vilnius, Riga and Tallinn are becoming more and more Western, offering internationally branded hotels. These are often new buildings that meet European standards and offer comfort, with modern health and cleanliness assured, and a warm atmosphere.
The crime rates are similar to most European places, except that their prisons are not as full. However, prison life is no walk in the park, as most of them are ran by military personnel who have crossed over into being prison guards.
What is so great about the Baltic Countries?
All three have a great dynamism characteristic within their history, as well as their willingness to present services at a European level, but at the same time that an irreducible originality that is not easily defined. Their charm may come from their landscapes, local cuisine and their stunning and unique heritage.
They are all liberal democracies which are now built upon a marketing economy. This means that many of their goods and services are similar to those found in the rest of Europe. All three have been expanding since 2000, however, the global economic downturn has made life harder for them, and the tourism market is not growing as quickly as they would like. All three fell into a depression in 2008, which means that your dollar will still stretch a little further in the Baltic States. That does not mean that they are still no expensive things to do and see. There is a luxury industry for fine living and cruise ship travel that you may enjoy if you feel like flashing the cash.
Some of their cities are quite modern, and people with money are treat like royalty if they go to the right cities. If you were to take a glance at some of the Baltic state cities, you would think you were looking at an industrious western European city.
The post was written by Sonia Jackson and she represents www.mightystudents.com. We’ll help you to solve all problems with writing different essays and research papers in a short time; we’ll answer all your questions and give you useful advice
When you think of Las Vegas, you likely think of the world famous Strip, but did you know that there are many luxury resorts off the Strip that offer great value hotel rates?
A true Vegas secret is that there are actually incredibly glamorous and luxurious casino resorts located just off the Strip, where you’ll typically find much lower accommodation rates, cheaper dining options, looser slots and even more generous casino winnings.
Don’t believe us? Here are 5 of the most glamorous Las Vegas hotels off the Strip, each of which are very much worth checking in to:
- Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
Oozing modern luxe, you’ll find a contemporary yet undeniably glamorous getaway at Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa. Just a short drive from the famous Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area, this off the Strip resort casino boasts phenomenal views of the Red Rock Mountains and of the Mojave Desert. And inside the casino you’ll find no shortage of entertainment options. With a huge live music venue, a bowling alley and a multiscreen cinema all onsite – this casino has all need for an unforgettable stay.
- Green Valley Ranch
For old school luxury, head over to Green Valley Ranch. This very classy casino resort exudes traditional luxury and you’ll find no shortage of finishing touches here. From its lavishly decorated bedrooms to the sprawling swimming pool and grounds, this is a place to unwind and enjoy. Featuring an award winning spa and several top notch dining options, this resort is a long time favorite with locals and travelers alike. Escape from the hustle and bustle of the Strip at this tucked away desert retreat.
- The M Resort Spa Casino
The M Resort Spa Casino is a chic, ever trendy hotel where you’ll find no shortage of entertainment, dining and partying opportunities. Minimalistic in its décor, this is a very hip resort. Catering more to a younger crowd, locals and tourists flock to their epic pool parties in the summer months and their reasonably priced cocktails and dining options. Fun and fashionable, come here to mingle and be seen.
- Palms Casino Resort
For the craziest, wildest Vegas off the Strip experiences, look no further than Palms Casino Resort. Legendary for its epic nightlife, crazy party scene and celebrity appearances, Palms Casino Resort is particularly popular with the college aged scene. Guests can take their pick of several swimming pools to party it up during the day and at night they have the choice of multiple night clubs and glamorous bars. And even if you aren’t the partying type you may still want to pay this resort a visit as it hosts many celebrated restaurants, including N9NE Steakhouse and NOVE Italiano.
- Aliante Casino + Hotel
Located in North Las Vegas the Aliante Casino + Hotel offers a reasonably priced yet luxurious stay. Guests enjoy a gorgeous pool scene, immaculate hotel rooms, a plethora of gaming options and multiple bars to choose from. And foodies are in for a definite treat here, as there’s many restaurants onsite including a casual Mexican eatery, an all you can eat style buffet and several upscale restaurants. If you’re looking for a fantastic Vegas vacation minus the hefty price tag, be sure to consider Aliante Casino + Hotel.
Stay at one of the above glamorous off the Strip casino resorts next time you’re in town for an amazing Vegas experience. Offering affordability, fun times and of course luxury all are great picks. Enjoy!
Millions of Americans participate in whitewater rafting every year. This year, with how high the water levels should be from the amount of snow received over the winter months, whitewater rafting outfitters are expecting a busy summer. This means many inexperienced rafters are going to head out on the open rivers for the first time ever. Before you head out on the river, you should know what skill level is required for whitewater rafting.
Just like any other strenuous activity, those with heart disease should consult their doctor beforehand. Although beginner rapids are not very tough and don’t require much maneuvering, it can be exhilarating at times. More deaths from whitewater rafting accidents occur from heart attacks than actual dangerous situations where someone has fallen into the river and been injured.
The sky is the limit when it comes to skill level required. If you are doing a lower class level that is a slower run with little rapids, no experience is necessary. Many rafting outfitters will provide handicap accessible opportunities for those that want to experience whitewater rafting. Those with health disabilities should always consult their doctor before doing such an activity as whitewater rafting and take any precautions necessary in order to have a safe and enjoyable time.
If there is someone in your group that isn’t athletic or in the best shape, they will be expected to participate as much as anyone else does. This might mean doing a lower level of classification rafting to ensure that they are staying safe while rafting and not harming their body in any way. Maneuvering and paddling can be a work out for anybody, and feeling sore the following day is completely normal. Those wanting to raft the more advanced levels of rapids should be in great overall shape and have good health.
Being able to swim is helpful but many people that do not know how to swim raft every year. Every rafting company will provide their guests with proper safety equipment such as a life jacket, paddle and helmet. You are taught all of the necessary precautions to take before you begin the journey, ensuring everyone knows what to do if someone falls out of the raft or is injured during the trip.
Most importantly, everyone wants to have fun while whitewater rafting. Every trip you take will build your confidence and your skill level. It’s not something everyone is a natural at. Knowing your comfort level is going to make whitewater rafting more enjoyable for you, helping you build your skill level so you can advance to different levels of rapids.
Western River Expeditions is pleased to bring you this article on the skill level required for white water rafting. If you are interested in Grand Canyon white water rafting or Idaho rafting trips, be sure to check out their website today.
Bordered by England in the east, the Irish Sea and Atlantic Ocean on the west, Wales is a vibrant country. A significant part of the United Kingdom, Wales is blessed with vast coastline (over 1200 km), extensive mountains forming picturesque land scenic locations. Though, its entire history has been impeded by invaders, but the Welsh spirit is still intact in its people and culture. Known for its friendly people, astonishing architecture and sophisticated environs, Wales is one of the most tourist friendly country in the UK. From high range mountains to limestone cliffs, from serene seashores and beaches to enchanting country side, this country appears as a kaleidoscope of immense cultural wealth and beauty to its visitors. However, the cuisine here is one its specialty which somehow makes it even more enjoyable. Here, we have listed some of the most popular tourist attractions of Wales which you must pay a visit to while travelling to this charming country. So what are you waiting for? Checkout various online sites, get best offers for flight tickets and get ready to explore this enchanting country.
Situated in the Castle Quarter of Cariff, South Wales, it is a medieval castle and Victorian Gothic revival mansion. Believed to be established in late 11th century, this castle has witnessed several invaders and their reigns. This massive architecture is a major landmark of the city. The majestic and absolutely divine interiors of this castle has been credited by architect, William Burges. A visit to this magnificent castle will surely take you to the historical developments taken during the span of over 2000 years of its existence.
Oakwood Theme Park
Formerly known as Oakwood Leisure Park or Oakwood Coaster Country, this theme park is an amazing recreation centre of Wales. This theme park has numerous rides including roller coasters, thrill rides, 3D ghost rides, water slides, fun rides, and much more. Located in the Permbrokeshire, Wales this significant amusement park with so much on offer attracts over 5 millions visitors and tourists every year.
Welsh Mountain Zoo
Situated high above Colwyn Bay in the North Wales, Welsh Mountain Zoo is a heaven for wildlife lovers. Enriched with scenic views of nature and beautiful gardens all around, this zoo serves as a home for many rare and endangered species from Britain and around the world including Snow Leopards, Chimpanzees, Red Pandas and Sumatran Tigers. Also called as the Colwyn Bay Zoo, this zoological garden was established in the year 1963 and is spread over an area of 37 acres. In you are a wildlife lover, then don’t give a miss to this beautiful zoo.
Sprawling over an area of around 823 square miles, Snowdonia is a national park in the north Wales region. This beautiful park was established in the year 1951. This national park is best known for its scenic beauty, enchanting natural sites and high mountain ranges. Trekking and mountain hiking is a popular activity in this area.
St Fagans: National History Museum
Standing on the grounds of the stunning St. Fagans Castle, St. Fagans is a popular heritage attraction of Wales. In fact, displaying the real scenario of Welsh rural life, it is one of the leading open-air museums in Europe. Want to explore how early Welsh people used to live and sustain their lives? Visit this museum and relive the history. Apart from these, some other tourist places that you can visit are Wales Millennium Centre. River Severn, Liberty Stadium, Senedd, Chapter Arts Centre, National Museum Cardiff, National Botanical Garden of Wales, Cardiff Bay, Barry Island and much more.
Sprawling over an area of around 3,287,263 square kms, India represents as a charming kaleidoscope of rich cultural heritage, natural wealth and warm-hearted people. Talking of its natural wealth, this country has an amazing diversity that includes serene beaches to majestic hills, a number of swiftly flowing rivers to numerous waterfalls. As a matter of fact, India is home for some of the most beautiful and enchanting waterfalls. Here, we have listed best five waterfalls found in India which you must pay a visit to when travelling to India. Enticed to explore natural beauty of India? Don’t wait anymore, buy air tickets online and plan a trip right away!
Located in the Jabalpur district of the heart of India, Madhya Pradesh, Dhuandhar Falls, are first in the list. Making its way through infamous marble rocks in Bhedaghat, these falls are made by Narmada River. The plunge that falls down the 10 m high cliff creates a bouncing mass of mist and thus, it is named as Dhuandhar, containing two words ‘Dhuan (smoke-mist)’ and Dhar (to own). These scenic waterfalls are located at a distance of just 16 km away from the Jabalpur city and an excellent tourist attraction of the state. Along with enjoying the waterfalls, you can get some exciting souvenirs such as marble sculptures, paintings and customized gifts from nearby shopping streets.
Perched in the high peaks of the Western Ghats, Dudhsagar waterfall is a beautiful excursion attraction in Goa. The waterfall are located at a distance of 90 km from the state capital, Panaji and renowned for its enchanting beauty. Falling from height of around 310 m, this waterfall is made up by Mandovi River. Dudhsagar means ‘sea of milk’ in local language (konkani) and this fall is named so because of its white milky appearance which is drawn amidst pristine valley of tropical forest.
Falling from the height of over 829 feet, Jog Falls in the state of Karnataka are counted as one of the 10 best waterfalls for sheer magnitude and the second highest waterfall in India. Formed by River Sharavati, these falls discharges about 3.4 million liters of water per second, which is about 40 per cent more than the average flow at Niagara. These falls distribute its water into four distinct falls, namely, Raja, Rani, Roarer and Rocket. Being of the most beautiful natural site in the state, these falls attracts a record number of tourists every year.
Situated in the small village of Bhagsu, behind the Bhagsunath Temple, Bhagsu falls is a charming waterfall in the region. The falls are located at a distance of just 2 km from Mcleodganj and forms a stunning view overall. Beauty of these falls adds up during monsoon when it turns into a 30 ft cascade right beside the mountain forming a stunning view. Apart from its picturesque beauty, the environs of falls are known as the best location to go trekking. However, many travellers visiting these falls pay a visit to nearby temple and local village.
Aesthetically located in the hilly tracks of Uttarakhand, Kempty falls attracts a number of tourists for its stunning beauty every year. Situated at a distance of just 15 km from Mussoorie and 45 km from Dehradun, this waterfalls is a must visit destination on any Mussoorie itinerary. It is one of the largest amongst five down-rushing falls in the country.
This post has been written by Archana Sharma. A graduate in tourism studies She is a graduate in Tourism Studies and loves to write on various travel and tourism topics. At present,she is working with BookEasyTrip.com (an excellent travel portal offering best discounts on India domestic flights). She also maintains her blog BookEasyTripTravelBlog.com, which is an interesting platform to share travel experiences.