Archives for Europe - Page 3
Perhaps you, like me, dream of going to England someday. Perhaps you, like me, love beaches. If so, you must visit Cornwall, England’s south-westernmost county. Cornwall offers the sunniest, mildest weather in all of the UK. Home to dramatic sea cliffs and sheer drops, Cornwall borders the Celtic Sea and the English Channel and has over 250 miles of coast. It’s not all rugged cliffs, however. Cornwall boasts over 150 individual beaches, most of them sandy and family-friendly. This list of the top six beaches in Cornwall should help you maximize your time there.
• Two beaches, Perranporth and Penhale, merge during low tide to create a huge blonde sand expanse.
• Enjoy nearby Perranporth, an entertaining beach town.
• Penhale features a Special Area of Conservation, sand dunes which cover the ancient church of the patron saint of Cornwall.
• Visit rock pools, caves, a stream, and Chapel Rock.
• Beloved by surfers and families.
• Overlooked by the South West Coast Path, high above on fascinating English cliffs.
• When joined, one of the largest beaches in Cornwall.
• Soft, sandy beach popular with families.
• Area for advanced swimmers due to steeply shelved beach.
• Area for children in stream also on beach.
• Lifeguards provided May through September.
• Near MinackTheater and Telegraphy Museum.
• Near Land’s End and St. Ive’s.
• Large parking lot with bathrooms.
St. Ive’s Harbour Beach
• Sheltered, sandy beach that doesn’t disappear even in high tide.
• Working harbor provides plenty to see and do.
• Backs to St. Ive’s, full of cafes, shops and eateries.
• Surrounded by scenic views and historic buildings.
• In low tide, joins with nearby beaches.
• Gives access to the famous South West Coast Path.
• Clear blue-green water backed by flower-covered cliffs.
• Golden sand beach near Newquay.
• Huge stretch of beach will allow you to find seclusion, avoid crowds.
• Excellent waves good for surfing, kitesurfing and kite buggying.
• Lifeguards provided May through September.
• Dogs welcomed year-round .
• Internationally recognized surfing center.
• Beautiful golden sand.
• Between Pentire and Towan, towns with lovely Victorian buildings.
• Three beaches in one: South Firstal, the Main Beach, and Little Fistral, only there at low tide.
• Lifeguards provided April through October.
• Dogs welcomed all year.
• Near bathrooms, cafes, surfboard and wetsuit rental shops, surf instructors, and the Surf Centre.
• Turquoise water and white sand.
• Dotted with islands and caves.
• Unique cliffs and rock formations appear at low tide.
• Owned, protected and maintained by the National Trust.
• One of the most beautiful and scenic coves in Cornwall.
• Accessible by the South West Coat Path.
• Near the Lizard National Nature Reserve, the Lizard Lighthouse and Heritage Center, and Mullion Cove.
It’s hard to go wrong when visit Cornwall’s many gorgeous beaches. Before you go, decide what type of experience you’re hoping for, and then search for a beach that can make your dreams a reality. Hopefully these six beaches will be on your list!
Abi writes for The Cornwall Hotel Collection, owners of The Greenbank and Alverton. For a quality restaurant in Truro or wedding venue in Falmouth visit The Cornwall Hotel Collection.
London is the capital of Britain and a very busy city at that. There are many Indian restaurants to choose from, which can lead to a difficult decision when you are looking for a great place to eat. If you are a fan of Indian cuisine, then the recognized restaurants are the best. Eating out is as much about the experience as it is about the food, otherwise you would simply opt for a takeaway, right? So, to avoid disappointment on your night out, here are some of the most renowned Indian restaurants in the capital?
Amaya is a great choice, especially if you are dining with a number of people with different tastes. The menu is diverse in that you can enjoy traditional Indian dishes, kebabs, and the most delicious grilled dishes. This restaurant is unique in that it focuses on the various styles of grilling and has a choice of menu greatly suited to those with a range of tastes. If you are eating with the family or a group of friends, you can guarantee that there will be something to suit everyone’s tastes. Apart from being a great Indian restaurant Amaya has also held a Michelin star since 2006. So, you can enjoy exceptional dishes, a great experience, plenty of options, and beautiful decor. It is popular amongst many people from those that love Indian cuisine to even those that aren’t so keen, simply because of the menu with a twist.
Chutney Mary is a sister restaurant to Amaya and is equally renowned with a different experience on offer. This is one of the best Indian restaurants London offering a great environment and experience whilst you enjoy a meal out. The atmosphere is friendly and relaxing so you can enjoy your food to the maximum. The dishes on offer are diverse in a different sense to Amaya. You can enjoy the traditional authentic dishes from the Indian cuisine. This gives you a great variety of real Indian cuisine to choose from. The restaurant is so specific in the standard served that each dish served is only prepared by a chef from that specific region that the dish originates from to give you no less than a truly authentic dish. If you want to make the most out of your experience and enjoy Indian cuisine with a twist, then Amaya is a great option being a bar and grill. If you want traditional dishes and a true taste of Indian, Chutney Mary is a great option for you. London is the home to hundreds of Indian restaurants, so choose the restaurant that suits your preferences and the preferences of those you are dining with. You can be picky and find somewhere close to home offering delicious food and amazing atmosphere, so make sure you find the best so you know where to go and where to recommend in future.
You can enjoy some of the most renowned Indian restaurants London when you know where to go. Each and every one can offer you a different experience, so find the experience that you and your fellow diners are looking for.
The Puerto Rican foods are very rich because they have several influences –African, America, Spanish and Taino – and mix the Cuban, Mexican and Spanish flavors, besides those influences we can add that the foods of Puerto Rico have influence from Central America, Peru and Brazil, the Puerto Rico foods also have a huge influence from United States foods, for those reasons in the foods of Puerto Rico we can see a huge variety of plates. In the foods of Puerto Rico we can see several ingredients, such as beef, cacao, olive oil, papaya, plantains, pork, rice, wheat, etc. Puerto Rican love to eat soups, the black beans soup is very popular in that island; also the chicken soup with rice is one of the favorite’s ones, others ones are the fish soup, Galician broth and the asopao – that is a typical soup from some of the Caribbean islands.
The food of Puerto Rico is prepared with adobo, that is a combination of several herbs and spices that give an unique and special taste that is different to others countries foods, these herbs and spices are cilantro, garlic, lime juice, mint, oregano, pepper, salt, vinegar, onions, etc., it is used for giving a special flavor to soups, rice, meets, stews, etc. Puerto Rican loves stews, like the beef stew and pork stew, Puerto Ricans also like beefsteak with onions, beef tongues, calf brains, chicken, chorizo, eggs, ham, guinea hen, lamb, rabbit, turkey, veal, etc. When Puerto Ricans have parties they use to cook barbecued pig with green plantains – this is one of their favorite’s foods, green plantains are very common in the different countries of the Caribbean islands. Puerto Ricans also likes to eat rice and beans, breaded steak, plantain sandwich, fried green plantains, fried yucca, fried chicken, etc.
Puerto Rican also like to cook seafood in different ways, the seafood is very popular in Puerto Rico because they are too close to the sea. The foods of Puerto Rico also have clams, fish, marlin, octopus, salmon, shellfish, shrimp, tuna fish, etc., they also have several vegetables like carrot, cucumber, eggplant, lettuce, onion, watercress, etc., that they use for preparing different types of salad. Puerto Rico is a tropical country, so in its foods we can find a lot of tropical fruits, such as avocado, banana, coconut, cucumber, lemon, lime, mango, orange, papaya, pineapple, tomatoes, watermelon, etc. Desserts are very popular in Puerto Rico, they like banana cake, jelly, sweet-potato, orange cake, fruit cocktail, coconut cream, pudding, etc., we also can find interesting drinks in the foods of Puerto Rico, they have banana milk, black coffee, beer, kola champagne, piña colada, spiced cherry and rum.
As we can see the foods of Puerto Rico are very mixed because of the different influences that they have, giving to them a huge variety in all their different areas, for that reason we can confirm that the Puerto Rican foods are one of the ones that have more variety in the Caribbean islands. The foods of Puerto Rico are not just very popular in their country and in the Caribbean Islands, they are also huge popular too in the United States, especially in New York and Chicago. The foods of Puerto Rico are of the biggest represents of the Caribbean islands and Antilles foods.
This post by Alice Viers and he represent http://www.grammarbase.com/ We will help you to check your grammar and to write without any mistakes.
Every Moment to Remember
Vacations in Ireland serve you with a dual prospectively adventurous experience. You get to know the rich heritage and culture of the land and its people, enjoy the emerald green and beautiful sceneries of a mythical island and above all get the Titanic experience of a lifetime. The ship that affected the life on Ireland so much as to change Ireland into Titanic Northern Ireland tours.
Ireland is connected to the world with ever increasing airlines coming into land the enthusiastic visitors who want to experience the Titanic and see the land, its beauty and to smell the crisp air and openness. In fact the people of Ireland love those who share their views and ideas in friendship so as to experience and share their land with them to enjoy every moment in time. For a visitor, touring the land is ever easy, as you take on a guided tour or adventure out to a self drive tour. There are all the opportunities to be explored according to the time and need to get into the details to see a beautiful country.
Anti Clock Wise Tour
To view one of the Ireland most beautiful counties, a visit to Kerry in its mystical grandeur will be ever remembered. The country side is abundant in natures carved out cliffs and the coastline speak of the natural harbor where one time sails fill the air in hot pursuit of the pirates on the high seas. The country open to beautiful cottages and sheep grazing on the undulated meadows speak of the typical characteristics of the land. A common site of locals joyous to the local traditional music and drums to lift your feelings. The Ring of Kerry is the tourist trail of the south west which a circular 179 km route is, touching various tourist attractions on the way which includes the Killarney National Park. One can also follow a bike trail for a breather. The landscape is unique and every stop invites a few memorable clicks from the camera.
Completing the Ring
Killarney Ross castle and Abbey for a visit can also trail you on horseback to lake of Killarney and the gardens. Completing your circular drive you will ever remember the sites while facing the open vastness of the Atlantic Ocean that a mere hundred years in the past, the Titanic facts to sail the waters in front of you to a maiden voyage, which had prompted you to visit such a beautiful land of rich heritage and culture. The arrival back to Killarney for a choose from quite a number of restaurants and pubs to welcome you and a deep undisturbed sleep.
Like any kind of holiday, sailing holidays in Lefkas are best taken within specific windows to ensure optimum conditions both for sailing and for living. The Mediterranean famously experiences much warmer average temperatures than the United Kingdom, but it still gets cold in winter. There are certain times of the year that may also be less enjoyable due to the volume of other travellers in the area.
In general terms, the temperate months in the Mediterranean are the same as they are supposedly in the UK, roughly between Easter and October. The two months leading out of winter and spring are considered to be pleasant weather wise, though the Mediterranean waters may still be quite cold after a winter of low-temperature winds. The months after summer are again very pleasant in terms of weather and the sea is at its warmest, having spent the summer months of June, July and August warming up.
UK travellers should note that the summer months feature some relatively hot weather; and prevailing winds, (which make for good sailing, but can also burn) would not disguise the true effects of the UV rays until it is too late. Plenty of sun cream, plus good hats and sun clothes are essential for travel at this time of year.
Sailing conditions remain good through the spring, summer and autumn. Sailing holidays Lefkas experience their greatest amount of travellers through July and August. This is not necessarily because of better winds, but because these are the months when most families take their time away.
There are other things to note when specifically considering a sailing holiday (as opposed to a holiday in a villa or at a land based resort). Key among these are the different types of sailing holidays that Lefkas has to offer, most of which are defined by the level of crewing or assistance delivered with the boat.
Mainly, sailing holidays all across the Ionian tend to be bare boat, that is, a yacht is hired to the holidaying family or group, with no skipper or crew. In order to take on a bare boat charter, it is normal for a sailor either to produce the relevant skipper’s qualification, or to conduct an in depth phone interview with the yacht’s agents. In general terms, yachting agencies operating in the area are aware that not everyone who can sail has the papers to prove it. But of course, there must be some way of checking, so the interview may be the preferred option.
The other levels of yacht hire are skippered and fully crewed. A skippered yacht allows a non-sailing, or novice, family or group to go on a full yachting holiday without fear. The skipper instructs and will take over where it is necessary. Though again in general terms, the idea is to facilitate yachting for the holidaymakers rather than the captain.
The full crew option may be used where no experience is owned nor wanted, and where the holidaymakers wish to experience life on the ocean without any worry.
About author: Drusilla Anderson is a freelance content writer. In this article she shares her experience about Sailing Holidays Lefkas.
Visit London this holiday as it is a great avenue for adventure and fun. You can witness the amazing entertainment and historic places. There are lot of people who are confused about what to see and the places to visit and the most important is how to make their holidays enjoyable. Every year many visit London and nearby places but the fact is that they don’t know where to visit and what to do, but if you visit London you can observe the reality and special gestures by the people and the tourism department.
There are lot of entertainment shows and musical nights round the year in London. If you trip to London then you should plan for a fun filled adventure visit to many sightseeing places and attractions. If you want to add some spice to your trip then there are some entertaining events which you will really enjoy.
1. Musicals: The musicals are the finest group of entertainment in London. They are not only the musicians but also the entertainers which make the perfect theatre plays. They are entertaining the whole world for the past several years. If you want to witness these people then go for the tickets at the box office as early as possible. It will be a great entertainment if you visit the Musicals.
2 .Museums: As you know that London is full of entertainment and if you need more entertainment and joy then you can visit the museums. Some of the attractive museums are Hunterian Museum, Victoria and Albert Museum, Science Museum and many more. There you can witness the real side of London. If you are visiting the museum then don’t forget to carry your cameras with you. Get to know the history from the roots.
3. Madame Tussauds: Madame Tussauds is a one of a kind wax museum in the whole world. It is the pride and the major fascination of London. It was established by Marie Tussaud a wax sculptor. It displays all the wax status of the legends, the historic royal populaces, celebrities, sports legends and infamous murderers. It is great place for entertainment and is a worth seeing place.
4. Royal Opera House: The Royal Opera House is the complete venue for the art and operas. It is located in Convent Garden, Central London. This house is a home for the Royal Ballet for the Royal kings and Queens. Go and grab the seats for the best opera in the world where you can witness the outstanding performances with the various entertainment legends.
5. Nightclubs: If you visit London you cannot forget the night life. You find yourself relishing and entertaining at the nightclubs. The atmosphere is awesome and simply outstanding. If you want full entertainment and music then you must visit the Club Aquarium. It has best system ever with the room’s facility comprising pools and Jacuzzi.Experience a whole new side of London and make it a point to visit and see the above mentioned places.
This guest was written by Maria Benson, who loves to write articles on various topics like finance, health, technology. Previously she has done research on ppi claims currently she focusing on travel related articles.
Many countries in Europe have grown their tourism industry a lot over the last few decades, so it should not be a surprise to see that the old continent tries and manages to attract millions of tourists every year. Nevertheless, among the multitude of resorts, be them at the sea, ocean or in the mountains, there are a few countries where the tourism has flourished indeed.
1. Spain is one of the countries that could teach anyone a few tourism lessons. Several islands, especially the Balearic Islands which belong to Spain, happen to be the preferred destination for the summer vacationers. The islands of Mallorca, Ibiza, Menorca, the Canary Islands (Tenerife, La Palma, La Gomera) are just some of the places that have gained a worldwide fame during the last years.
Not just the islands are important touristic attractions, though; the Northern part of Spain is also a adored tourist place. By going there you will experience a unique combination of sandy, less populated beaches and green, fresh hills or even high mountains. Also, this is the place where you are going to be charmed by the old medieval settlements.
2. France: Everyone agrees that France needs no promoting when it comes to its tourist attractions. The South of France has been a preferred destination for people looking for sunny warm days among lavender plantations, vineyards and old white stone houses, where the peasants leave a peaceful and abundant life. It is one of the few places where you will have the chance to leap back in time, in ages where every moment of the day had its own pace and nothing was performed in a hurry.
Not only the South of France is visited by the tourists, of course, as the entire country offers a multitude of locations that are perfect for a holiday, be it alone, with your partner or with the kids you might have. France is also the place where you can learn a lot about the past centuries by visiting the numerous castles along the Loire. In fact, some of these castles can even be rented for an entire summer. This means that one or more families that are friends and know each other well can rent an entire castle, or maybe a few rooms, and thus enjoy a royal summer vacation.
Disneyland Paris is another preferred holiday destination for families with younger kids. While being there, you could choose to get a room in one of the affiliated hotels, or simply stay at another hotel and come to the Park in the morning.
France is also a country with a worldwide known cuisine, so visiting France will also mean tasting the traditional, specific French dishes, which are prepared by French cooks whose talent doesn’t need any presentation.
3. Greece has concentrated all its efforts on developing tourism during the last few years, and the multitude of tourists that come to visit it on a yearly basis demonstrates that it has done a great thing in this industry. The mainland resorts, as well as the numerous islands represent an affordable and exotic way of spending a great summer vacation.
Greece will charm you with its five stars hotels for sure, but also with its taverns, white villas and the wonderful and colorful gardens around them. It is the perfect place for a family or couple vacation, as there are various entertainment options, which are destined to suit the preferences of all people, no matter their age, or occupation.
As Greece’s economy has been struggling lately, since the tourism continues to be a great income source, it would not be surprising at all to see that the prices will be cut down a lot, in an attempt to attract even more tourists that are willing to spend their money.
Irina Chirilov, the author of this article, is a guest blogger for Thrifty Rent a Car Bucuresti Romania, a car rental agency in Eastern Europe.